Like the original, The Grey Ghost, the Fat Ghost is a modification of the design by Mike McManus. It is completely made of steel with full length Picatinny Rail on top, an Ace Style grip out front, a flash hider with a stubby 1/2 x 28 tpi threaded barrel for the M10/9 and 5/8 x 24 for the M10/45, “shark fin” non-reciprocating charging handle, and built in gas deflector. The cost of the “stock” Fat Ghost is $475.00.
Some of the customize-able options are below:
1. Change the barrel threading to : M10/45 – .578 x 28 tpi, Standard barrel, Standard barrel but made stubby (no barrel after threads). M10/9 – Standard barrel, Standard barrel but made stubby (no barrel after threads).
2. Your own barrel such as a 3-lug. Subtract $30.
4. 3″ side accessory rail. Add $55.
5. Low profile (round/cylindrical) charging handle instead of the shark fin. Same price.
6. Leave off the flash hider. Subtract $5.
The picture below is of the Fat Ghost Upper Receivers with each of the optional charging handles and showing the standard 9mm barrel or the stubby 9mm barrel (the flash hider has been left off of each). The charging handle on the top Fat Ghost is the Low Profile Charging Handle, and the Charging Handle on the botttom Fat Ghost is the Shark Fin Charging Handle.
This picture shows the Fat Ghost with the Low Profile Charging Handle and the stubby 45 barrel threaded 5/8 x 24.
This picture is of the same Fat Ghost showing the ejection port side with the gas deflector.